Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Fashion For The Modern Mom

Sometimes I hear people say, "I'm a mom, I have no time for fashion!" 

Do you want to know what I say to that? I say,"BULLSH#%!"

Why? 

It's simple, fashion is something your already doing, without realizing it. 

From the moment I wake up, make breakfast for my daughter, and look into my closet for an outfit, my fashion is already there. Whatever I chose to pick out at the store a couple of days ago, that was my chance at fashion. 

Here's an example: a few days ago I thought to myself, I need more clothes. 

Truth is, I didn't. I am willing to bet that many of you reading this all ready have a bunch of clothes. The fact is, you just don't want to wear them anymore. 

I know this, trust me, I've been through this. 

Until one day I got the idea, I can take my clothes and actually wear them! 

I know, I sound sarcastic, but it's the truth! 

The next time you go out to the store, or thrift shop to buy a nice item, think of something that goes with something you already have at home. 

Doing this simple thing, every time you intend on buying clothes, and sooner or later, you will have completely beautiful outfits!

You can even take extra material and make earrings out of them. Those old shirts you don't use? Make a bag out of them! 

To make a bag from a t-shirt or tank:

  1. Cut T-shirt into a tank.
  2. Fold shirt in half so that you can carry your shirt through the arm holes.
  3. Fold shirt inside out.
  4. Sew a straight line to close the bottom half of the shirt.
  5. Flip right side out.
& waalahhh! You just created a t-shirt bag.

I will be doing a youtube tutorial on this simple technique soon, so follow me at youtube.com/yourvoluptuousvixen

If you have any tips that you would like to share, please do so below in the comments!

Sincerely,

Your Voluptuous Vixen


No comments:

Post a Comment